Applications are open for the University of Cape Town GSB Solution Space 2021 E-Track Startup Accelerator program.
About the E-Track Startup Accelerator
The UCT GSB Solution Space E-Track Program in conjunction with the MTN Group is a three-phase acceleration and a capacity development program for impactful individuals, aspiring entrepreneurs, and seasoned business founders.
Established in 2019, the accelerator seeks to support African startups and entrepreneurs. It is designed to help participants build sustainable businesses with international potential and appeal.
The E-Track program is now opened for the first phase which is compulsory for acceptance into the next phases of the program.
Startups from all over the continent are invited to apply. Individual participants can either explore their own business idea or join an existing venture.
The program is sectioned off into three-phases:
- Phase one is Venture Launch which revolves around validating the business concept;
- Phase two is focused on accelerating the development of the validated business model;
- Phase three aims to scale the venture with the support of various partners and investors.
The UCT GSB Solution Space explains that the first phase is incredibly valuable as it provides a foundation to participants on how to transform their concept into a tangible business.
To apply for the Venture Launch phase, interested applicants must
- Have or want to develop a for-profit or non-profit scale-up;
- Be able to develop, prototype, and verify a new product or service which can further be developed in the second phase of the accelerator.
Benefits of participation
- Access to much-needed tools and resources to scale up their businesses;
- Opportunity to network with other like-minded individuals;
- Gain partnership with MTN;
- Capacity training such as workshops and clinics where startups founder learn fundamentals and core skills needed to scale their businesses.
Applications close on Monday, February 22, 2021. To participate in the E-Track Startup Accelerator, click here.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates.