The GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize Competition has returned to help food warriors working to change Africa’s food system.
To begin, become a part of the GoGettaz Community when you apply for the competition to gain access to education, mentorship, and investment networks to assist you in launching, growing, or scaling your agrifood business.
This application is part of Africa’s largest agripreneurship competition, with the applicant having a chance to win one of two US$50,000 GRAND PRIZES in the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize Competition in 2022.
For the most innovative and scalable company initiatives, two entrepreneurs, one woman, and one male will each win $50,000.
Qualified businesses should be able to demonstrate:
- Ingenuity (20 percent)
- Potential and traction in the market (20 percent)
- Impact on Society and the Environment (20 percent)
- business plan (20 percent)
- The founder and his team (20 percent)
Criteria for Eligibility
- The GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize is an excellent chance for young African agripreneurs to expand their business.
- The competition also provides top agripreneurs with the chance to take part in the annual African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) and prove their worth, in addition to the US$50,000 price.
- The top Gogettaz agripreneurs will attend the AGRF Summit, which will be placed in Kigali, Rwanda, this year.
- Mentorship, programmatic connections, and support will be provided to all of the finalists to help them continue their entrepreneurial careers.
What is required from entrepreneurs?
- On the date of submission to the competition, you must be 35 years old or younger, and you must be legally recognized as an adult in your place of nationality.
- The entrepreneur is a citizen of an African Union member country (as evidenced by a valid ID).
- The entrepreneur is the founder/co-founder of the enterprise he/she represents in the competition and is involved in its operations and management.
- If required, the entrepreneur will produce a signed declaration stating that he or she has no criminal record linked to corruption, tax evasion, financial impropriety, felony, or other offense.
The venture is already legally registered in an African Union member country or will begin the process of registering such a legal entity before July 1, 2022.
The venture is located in a member country of the African Union.
The venture is intended to be financially self-sustaining, whether as a for-profit firm or as a non-profit organization that generates some money and is not reliant on donor support.
Through an invention or productivity improvement, a Venture contributes to the agri-food sector’s development and/or helps the agri-food sector’s development.
How to apply
You can apply here if interested. The deadline for applications is Monday, June 6, 2022.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates.