VivaTech in collaboration with 50inTech launches the Female Founder Challenge.
The challenge is aimed at facilitating VC-startup meetings to accelerate finances for startups founded and led by women.
The challenge also aims at urging VC funds to make more commitment to gender equality across all levels.
Participation in the Female Founder Challenge
The challenge is open to:
- Female founders, Co-founders, CEOs or Co-CEOs of a global startup
- The founder or the CEO must be in the process of raising series A, B, C or beyond
- Founders or CEO who don’t have access to global investors or connection to local investors.
Criteria for selection
The startups must have a feasible and viable solution.
The solution proffered must be relevant, original and innovative such that the level of tech solutions can be compared to the existing ones.
The solution must demonstrate traction and product-market fit
The founders must demonstrate the ability to lead projects to successful completion and possess both soft and hard skills.
Benefits of participation
- Opportunity to master the art of investor pitch
- Exclusive access to investors
- Visibility to a diverse audience
- Online Bootcamp on fundraising
- A guided tour of VivaTech
- Close meetings with investors (Office Hours)
Timeline for the event
- The online Bootcamp on fundraising holds between May 19-20, 2021
- Announcement of the 10 Finalists on Wednesday, June 2, 2021
- Pitch contest, Finalist-VC appointments (Office Hours) and announcement of the winner on Thursday, June 17, 2021.
How to apply
Female founders, Co-founders, CEOs or Co-CEOs based in Africa can apply here. The deadline for application into the Female Founder Challenge is Sunday, May 2, 2021.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates.