EchoVC and Atlantica Ventures have recently partnered to launch Extreme Tech Challenge (XTC) a regional competition for African startups.
This competition is aimed at entrepreneurs who are addressing the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) leveraging technology.
The XTC is a non-profit dedicated to raising the next generation of global entrepreneurs developing new innovations for the benefit of humankind.
The program supports global innovators leveraging the power of technology to solve challenges across the globe.
XTC offers top entrepreneurs the potential for world visibility, fundraising, networking and mentorship opportunities needed to launch technological breakthroughs in empowering a sustainable future.
The competition is open to all products or services based on an innovative application that can properly address any of XTC’s categories.
Eligibility for participation
Applicants must be:
- Legally incorporated or registered
- The proposed business cannot be in violation of any intellectual property rights, including but not limited to patents, copyrights and trade secrets.
Potential participants are making their submission into any of one of these 7 categories:
- Cleantech and Energy
- Food and water
- Transportation and smart cities
- Enabling Technologies
NB: There is also a Female Founder Award, and a COVID-19 Innovation Award.
Timeline of the program
- Applications are open here until Thursday, April 1, 2021
- Finalists will be announced by the beginning of May to participate in the XTC virtual bootcamp
- Category winners will pitch at the 2021 Global Finals at VivaTech in Paris in June
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates.