Social entrepreneurs willing to scale up their businesses are invited to apply for the Social & Inclusive Business Camp 2021.
Launched in 2017 by the Development Campus of Agence Française de Développement (AFD), the Social & Inclusive Business Camp is a capacity-building program that aims to support entrepreneurs in building projects that can positively impact the African continent.
A hybrid support program, the Social & Inclusive Business Camp will include the following activities:
Participants will receive 3 months of remote coaching from international experts as well as educational resources to be consulted independently.
In collaboration with the EMERGING Valley Summit- an event dedicated to emerging innovations between Europe and Africa- participants will spend one week in Marseille, France. There’s a possibility for each participant to be followed by a mentor, experienced alumni of the program
During the Bootcamp, participating entrepreneurs will be integrated into an active and ambitious international community of 200 entrepreneurs to connect with investors and financial partners.
To qualify, the company must
- Be a legally registered business;
- Have a positive impact on the African continent which could be a social, environmental, or any activity serving the most vulnerable communities
- Justify first customers, a turnover and a balanced economic model or a medium-term profitability objective;
- Be positioned for growth and should have a scaling-up strategy that considers the maximization of social or environmental impact.
To participate, candidates must meet the following conditions:
- Be the founder, co-founder, manager, or at least in a position to make strategic decisions for the company;
- Ensure there’s sufficient stable internet to be able to follow the training and exchange times under good conditions;
- Willing to commit to the program over the period from September to early December 2021, at the rate of approximately 2 hours per week over this period.
Process of application
- Fill out an application to answer questions about the company, its structure, its impact, and its scaling-up strategy;
- Submit proof of legal registration of the company (this may include registration document, articles of association, etc.);
- Submit financial statements for the last 3 years (or if a younger company, since its launch);
- Submit a detailed CV of the project leader;
Note that applicants have the option of including a pitch deck or a presentation of your company in their application.
Submission of applications closes on Saturday, July 3, 2021. Register here for Social & Inclusive Business Camp 2021.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates.