Geeks and average users around the world are excited about the Google’s announcement for their next Android release. And they are curious to know if their device will also be treated with Marshmallow sweetness. The latest Android version 6 named Marshmallow brings in many new features, performance enhancements and battery optimizations. Although the over UI basically remains the same with some minor changes, Google has made many changes under the hood including long awaited app permission control.
Here is a list of phones that are expected to get the latest Android update, but the exact time when the updates will be delivered is not known yet. It might help you in deciding which Phone type to purchase.
- LG’s list of devices expected to get the Update include G3, G4, G Stylo, G Pad 10.1 and G Flex 2
- SONY, most of the Z series devices are covered and Android Marshmallow is expected to hit Xperia M5, C5 Ultra, M4 Aqua, C4, Z2, Z2 Tablet, Z3, Z3 Compact, Z3 Tablet Compact, Z3+, Z4 Tablet, Z5, Z5 Compact and Z5 premium at some point in the future
- Motorola’s Turbo, Moto Maxx, Moto X Pure Edition (2 nd Gen USA), Moto X 2nd Gen, Moto X Pure Edition (3rd Gen USA), Moo X Style and Moto X Play are all included
- HTC is also eager to push the update on Desire Eye/816/820/826, One M8/M8s, M8 Eye, E8, M9, M9+, ME, E9, E9+, Butterfly 2 and 3.
- Google’s nexus 5X and 6X will have Marshmallow out of the box and Nexus 5/6/7 (2 nd Gen)/9 and Nexus Player (USA) have either already received or expected to get the update pretty soon
- Samsung’s stand on the list of devices is not very clear yet, but we can certainly expect Galaxy S5, S6, Note 4 and Note 5 to be updated at some point in future