To commemorate the 2021 Global Money Week (GMW), the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) is organizing a social media contest called the “Global Money Challenge” where youths can showcase their talents, artworks and skills.
Applicants are meant to showcase their talents, artworks, and skills by posting a 120 seconds video or a photo on how you can Take Care of Yourself and Take Care of Your Money.
Winners in the challenge stand a chance to win an Apple MacBook Pro, HP Pavilion x360, Apple ipad Pro
Requirements for participation
To be eligible for participation in the contest, entrants must meet the following:
- Participants must be persons between the ages of 18 and 35 years and must be resident in Nigeria
- Employees, officers or agents of the CBN, Financial Institutions and other Financial Regulators are not eligible to participate in the challenge
- Entrants must have genuine social media account(s) such as Instagram, Twitter and must follow all CBN social media handles. Participants can make a single entry on the social media platforms, Instagram or Twitter.
- Instagram profile must be a public profile to enter for the challenge
- Winners shall provide proof of address and age, birth certificate and/or affidavit, Utility bill and any other valid means of identification for prizes to be awarded.
Also note that:
- Prizes for the contest would be specified on the CBN social media platforms;
- Only top ten (10) entries will be shortlisted and invited for the Grand Finale
- Results of the Global Money Challenge shall be announced on all the CBN social media platforms within 15 days of the closure of the competition. The announcement may include publication of the name(s), photographs, locations and details of the prize of each prize winner
- Virtual Grand Finale involving the selection and announcement of winners on Tuesday
March 30th, 2021
- Winners would receive their prizes not more than 30 days after the virtual Grand Finale ceremony
- Reasonable efforts would be made to contact winners for at least 5 days. In the absence of a response from a preferred winner, a reserved winner may be considered for the prize. The CBN shall not be responsible and shall be absolved of any liability as a result of the failure to respond by the preferred winner of any prize.
How to apply
Are you a young and talented Nigerian that has satisfied the criteria mentioned above, you can go ahead to apply here. The deadline for application is Friday, March 26, 2021.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates.