Catalytic Africa co-founded by African Business Angels Network (ABAN) and AfriLabs platform will go live at the Afrilabs Annual Gathering on Thursday, October 28th, 2021.
Catalytic Africa is a matching fund that aims to strengthen African startups, innovation hubs, and angel investors while delivering impact results to institutional funders.
This is an open opportunity for African startups, hubs, Angel investors and angel networks to register fully throughout November in anticipation of the launch of matching fund applications in December 2021.
“We look forward to growing the African business space by helping businesses find the matching funds and access great opportunities that will truly impact the continent and we as Catalytic Africa hope to maintain and be Africa’s leading startup matching fund because ‘Now is the time to invest in Africa.”
Objectives of Catalytic Africa
- Increase the investment made by angel investors in African startups.
- Strengthen African angel networks and innovation hubs.
- Fund African startups with innovative digital solutions and measurable impact.
- Present reliable ecosystem data, insights, and impact reporting for all stakeholders
To access Catalytic Africamatching fund, stakeholders must fulfil the following requirements:
Startups selected to be eligible:
- Are at least at the MVP stage
- Are members of one of the hubs of the AfriLabs network (Being a member of a hub and having that hub being a member of AfriLabs, therefore, becomes much more valuable and provides extra guarantees on quality)
- Are willing to comply with the sector’s best practices regarding an environmental and social responsibility approach.
Angel Networks selected to be eligible:
Are full ABAN member angel network
Angel Investors selected to be eligible:
Are accredited members of an ABAN member angel network
How to apply
To apply for the Catalytic Africa matching fund, Startups, Hubs, Angel Investors and Angel networks should visit here.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates