Seven months have gone since football legend Cristiano Ronaldo (CR7) made his Binance NFT debut. With Ronaldo breaking yet another record on June 20, 2023, when he scored his 838th career goal in his 200th international appearance, let’s take a look back at a one-of-a-kind digital collection that uses blockchain to bring a footballing legend’s heritage to his fans.
Ronaldo’s debut NFT release, in November 2022, included seven premium statues in four rarity levels — Super Super Rare (SSR), Super Rare (SR), Rare (R), and Normal (N), as well as a second mystery box collection provided as a special present to new Binance customers.
Every NFT is an iconic Ronaldo moment memorialized in the shape of a digital statue, from CR7’s unique goal celebration to his famous bicycle kick.
Not to mention that we began this relationship with an amazing introductory video starring CR7 himself:
Stats 1 Drop
- The NFTs auctioned on the opening day of November 18 (5 SSR and 40 SR) sold out in less than 24 hours at an average price of $22,800 and $2,389, respectively.
- Between November 19-23, 2022, our subscription mechanism made 600 Rare and 6,000 Normal-level NFTs available.
- Both rarity levels were significantly oversubscribed (R by 4.43x, N by 3.18x) and sold out as soon as the subscription window closed.
New Binance users who used the code RONALDO received free mystery boxes containing a surprise CR7 NFT.
These digital collectibles included unique CR7 figurines in a stone color.
What did the NFTs include?
Each NFT came with specific bonuses and advantages, in addition to a gorgeous CGI-rendered monument of a classic Ronaldo moment. For instance, SSR NFT holders received the following:
- Cristiano Ronaldo will be available for a virtual meet and greet.
- Ronaldo signed a real statue and a Binance football shirt.
- A free NFT from an upcoming collection.
- Participation in giveaways for Ronaldo and Binance products.
Second Drop: Binance NFT is bringing the following
Prepare to see Ronaldo’s glory in a new collection of digital collectibles. The second release will be out soon, with additional utility, epic events, and an entirely new set of stories from CR7’s legacy.
To thank current CR7 NFT holders, Binance has prepared a special treat: a free digital collectible for everybody who has a premium-level NFT from the initial drop.
This post appeared first on Binance Blog.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to blockbuild weekly digest for updates.