Early-stage African tech startups are invited to apply for the Africa Startup Initiative Program (ASIP Accelerator program) which is designed to assist high potential startups in the agritech, cleantech, fintech, eCommerce, healthtech and insurtech sector.
About ASIP Accelerator program
Launched in 2017, the Startupbootcamp AfriTech is the first pan-African start-up multi-backed accelerator in Africa. It has joined forces with the Telecom company Telecel Group to organize the ASIP Accelerator program.
Established by Telecel Group and powered by Startupbootcamp AfriTech, the ASIP Accelerator program focuses on young startups with innovative solutions that address specific needs in their communities.
Additional corporate Founding Partners are also invited to join the consortium where they can engage with startups through pilots and Proof of Concepts projects that can pave the way for longer-term commercial agreements.
The top ten African tech startups will be selected to participate in the intensive three-month program. Upon completion, startups will have the opportunity to pitch their newly scaled-up solutions to hundreds of investors, corporates, mentors, and press attendees on Demo Day.
Benefits of participation
Ten outstanding startups will be in line to receive:
- EUR15,000 (US$18,000) in funding
- Access to over EUR500,000 (US$590,000) in exclusive partner deals from leading technology providers such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, HubSpot, and SendGrid.
- Access to expert-led training sessions covering aspects of business growth including insights on how to design sustainable business model canvas, lean methodology, and investment-readiness.
- Personalized mentorship from selected mentors who will provide hands-on support and facilitate linkage with venture capitalists and angel investors.
- Membership of the Alumni Growth Programme which offers access to alumni-only events, deals, and tailored introductions.
To participate in the ASIP Accelerator program 2012, register here. The program commences in July.
Entries close on Friday, May 14, 2021.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates.