The educational landscape has evolved over time. Startups have come up with numerous innovations, such as virtual classrooms, online encyclopedia tools, and content management systems, to use technology to revolutionize the education system.
Are you one of such startups? If so, why not apply for the Edtech Accelerator Program 2021. The accelerator selects creative projects with high scalability and positive effect each year.
About WISE Edtech Accelerator
Launched in 2009 by the Qatar Foundation, WISE Edtech Accelerator has been assisting entrepreneurs from all over the world in developing and scaling groundbreaking edtech solutions in the past six years.
They’ve implemented a tailor-made platform with their edtech group leaders, investors, and stakeholders to provide access to quality mentoring, coaching and an international network focused on transforming our way of learning, teaching and work.
What are the benefits?
- Access a community of over 50 edtech founders from 18 countries;
- Interaction with industry leaders from the private sector, non-profit organizations, and government;
- Networking opportunities with potential donors, investors, and partners.
Coaching and Mentoring
A hand-picked team of experts providing founders with support on:
- Marketing, sales & fundraising;
- Product strategy, development, and road mapping;
- Market insights and positioning.
Outstanding ventures will have the opportunity to attend WISE international events and promotion on their global platforms including:
- WISE@ forums, previous editions were held in Paris, New York, and Beijing
- WISE social media platforms
- WISE Summit in Doha, convening over 4000 attendees from 100 countries
You can apply if you
- Are an edtech venture established for at least one year;
- Have evidence of existing beneficiaries or users;
- Have built a product beyond the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) stage;
- Can provide evidence of existing revenue;
- Have a dedicated team.
Each year, a committee made up of leading experts in education and entrepreneurship will support the WISE Edtech Accelerator team in the selection process. Applications will be based on the following criteria:
- How well does the venture address the problems it aims to solve.
- How innovative the solution is in light of existing ventures worldwide.
- How much potential it has on educational impact.
- The potential for growth and scalability.
Process of application
Interested applicants must provide the following:
- Submission of the official online application form, in English
- A short 3-minute video pitch via YouTube link. The pitch must explain what the edtech solution is, the problem being addressed, beneficiaries of the solution, traction gained so far, and why they are applying for the WISE Edtech Accelerator
- A product demo via YouTube link or log-in information for the WISE team to assess the product.
Apply here if you wish to participate in the Edtech Accelerator Program 2021.
Entries close on Tuesday, April 23, 2021.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates.