The One Young World/AB InBev 100+ Accelerator Lead2030 Challenge for SDG5 2023 is now accepting applications.
The Lead2030 Challenge seeks to identify and promote female-founded businesses that address the most critical sustainability issues we face, such as climate change and biodiversity loss, as well as the creation of a more inclusive world.
AB InBev and its flagship open innovation platform, the 100+ Accelerator, aim to keep helping and promoting women in business in conjunction with One Young World since women’s economic empowerment is critical to attaining women’s rights, gender equality, and promoting sustainability. According to the United Nations, investing in women’s entrepreneurship is an investment in transformation.
The challenge encourages solutions from creative women-founded businesses that address or solve any of the following issues:
- Circle Economy
- Water Stewardship
- Regenerative Agriculture
- Climate action:
- Inclusive growth:
- Health & Wellness
Benefits of participation
The winning solution will be part of the 100+ Accelerator’s fifth cohort of organizations. Participating in the program entails the following:
- The 100+ Accelerator allows promising companies to test their innovations in a global corporate supply chain (AB InBev, The Coca-Cola Company, Colgate-Palmolive, or Unilever) and bring their ideas to market faster.
- Grants each entrepreneur up to $100,000 USD for a proof of concept pilot to demonstrate the viability of the idea.
- Provides startups with vital hands-on support through a comprehensive curriculum of business knowledge and by allocating specialized teams of corporate partner mentors and specialists to coach them through the pilot process.
- One representative from the winning proposal will be asked to attend the One Young World Summit 2023, which will be held in Belfast from October 2-5, 2023.
- The solution must clearly correspond with the SDG5 challenge.
- A person between the ages of 18 and 30 founded the company.
- At least one woman founder-led and started the organization.
- A well-structured time range recognized important stakeholders and beneficiaries, and reasonable and well-thought-out outcomes are all required.
- Product/service already on the market or about to enter the market.
- Solutions must have a good societal impact, such as creating jobs or improving skills.
- The effects of solutions must be adequately measured and/or measurable.
- Must be capable of achieving effectiveness and self-sufficiency through the resources generated and/or the investments and donations attracted.
- Possibility of performing similarly or better after broadening in scope or size and/or being transported to other places.
How to apply
The deadline for LEAD2030 application is Sunday, April 30, 2023. Click here to apply.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates.