African entrepreneurs are invited to apply for the third annual Land Accelerator Africa 2021.
About the program
Launched in 2018 by the World Resources Institute (WRI), the Land Accelerator Africa, is the world’s first training and mentorship program that targets businesses that focus on replenishing degraded forests, farmland, and pasture.
In support of the AFR100 Initiative’s goal of restoring 100 million hectares of land by 2030, the Land Accelerator equips entrepreneurs across Africa with needed training, mentorship, and networking opportunities, and workshops to build up their storytelling and pitching skills.
Participants exit the program more empowered to connect with potential investors so that they can take their business to the next stage of growth. Since its inception, the program has attracted nearly 700 applicants in Africa.
Its alumni report that they have created 2,200 jobs, worked with 56,000 farmers, restored 38,000 hectares, and grown X million trees.
For this edition, WRI and its partners at Fledge and AFR100 approach the program in the Land Accelerator Africa from another dimension. This year, the size of the 2021 cohort has been expanded.
100 outstanding entrepreneurs from Sub-Saharan Africa will be selected to participate in an all-virtual business accelerator.
The Top 100 stand to receive:
- 3 months of exclusive weekly training from experts;
- 3 months of access to Fledge’s online lessons for startups;
- Templates to create content to help their business flourish;
- Weekly office hours with mentors who will lend their expertise;
- Weekly networking sessions to collaborate with and learn from other entrepreneurs in your cohort.
The Top 100 entrepreneurs have the opportunity to apply for a Land Accelerator investment pack, which an expert panel awards to the Top 10 entrepreneurs.
Recipients of the investment packs benefit from
- A $5,000 innovation grant;
- A coaching meeting with a Land Accelerator organizer to develop your investment and innovation grant plan;
- A 90-minute group session with members of the Land Accelerator mentor network, who will provide tailored feedback;
- The opportunity to present your 3-minute business pitch at the virtual Land Accelerator Demo Day, an event that brings together the Top 10 and business and social investors from across the continent.
Entries close on Wednesday, March 31, 2021. Apply here if you’re interested.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates.