The MIDEM+ Start-up competition aims to attract leading innovations in the following categories: Web3, Culture, Experience, AI & Impact.
50 finalists will be selected, and each will receive 1 start-up registration pass, visibility & pitching time during MIDƐM+ 24.
MIDEM+24 Start-up Battles Categories
- Web3 – Companies focused on leveraging blockchain, NFTs, decentralized finance, and other Web3 technologies for art and music creation, distribution, and monetization, as well as innovative business models and revenue streams
- Culture – Startups from gaming, video, publishing, education, and other arts sectors with solutions that add value to the creative industries, as well as startups offering educational resources or tools for the music community.
- Experience – Projects that enhance music experiences through virtual and augmented reality, live events, gaming, or other immersive and interactive technologies
- AI – Startups that use generative AI, machine learning, or data analytics to help creators craft their music, listeners discover new sounds, or provide valuable insights for artists and industry professionals
- Impact – Founders who focus on promoting diversity, inclusion, and sustainability within the music industry, or use music as a vehicle for social change
- Every finalist (50 companies) gets 1 startup ticket, visibility and pitching time during MIDƐM+ 2024
- Every finalist (50 companies) gets a special rate on exhibition pod
- Featured profile on the skope.ai platform
- 5 winners will receive an honorary invitation to attend MuSee+ selected events for a year as well as free exhibition space during MIDƐM+ 2025
Any startup founded in (or after) 2020, with less than 1 million euros in previous equity funding can apply.
- Product or service should be related to the music industry or have a clear potential to add value to music businesses
- Bring a fresh, disruptive, or novel approach to addressing challenges or opportunities in the music industry or adjacent sectors
- Demonstrate a significant market opportunity, with the potential for growth and scalability across industries
- Traction: Show evidence of traction, such as user growth, revenue, partnerships, or other indicators of progress
- Have relevant experience, skills, and industry/tech expertise
- Product or service should have the potential to create a positive impact on the music community, whether through social, cultural, or environmental means.
How to apply
Click here to apply. The deadline for application is Sunday, October 08, 2023.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates.