It’s empowering, not to mention exciting, to see and hear more and more women doing what they set their minds to without regard for the existing patriarchal structure that, by default, is designed to hold them down.
Taking ownership of their freedom, women are charging into the tech sector to pursue their goals. Although their remarkable achievements are recognized, however, there’s still a long way to go before gender equality in the industry is attained.
With this understanding, organizations are actively setting up initiatives to support women in tech and help the younger generation embrace technology, driving sustainable change and impact across the global scene.
A notable initiative, in this regard, is Apple Entrepreneur Camp for Female Founders and Developers.
About Apple Entrepreneur Camp
The program is a rigorous technology lab created with the aim of supporting female founders and developers who are underrepresented in technology.
Apple Entrepreneur Camp seeks to assists female entrepreneurs as they design the next generation of groundbreaking software apps and to help form a global network that encourages the pipeline and longevity of founders and developers of all backgrounds.
Benefits of the participation
Selected organizations will receive the following without charge:
- Educative discourse from Apple executives and leaders on various topics, including the latest advancements in machine learning and augmented reality;
- One-on-one code-level mentorship from Apple engineers;
- Ongoing support from an Apple Developer representative for at least one year;
- One year of membership in the Apple Developer Program;
- Access to the Apple Entrepreneur Camp alumni network, a world-class group of inspiring and ambitious leaders;
- Platform to discuss challenges specific to your community;
- Opportunity to build relationships with fellow participants.
Note that applications are welcome from founders and developers worldwide. To qualify to apply:
- Your organization must have:
(a) A female founder, co-founder, or CEO;
(b) A female developer proficient in Swift or Objective-C; and
(c) A developed app or functional build that you can demo live.
- The female founder, co-founder, or CEO, the female developer, and additional developer or designer of any gender (if applicable) must be 18 years of age or older, proficient in English, and able to attend together for the entire duration of the program.
Applications will be assessed based on:
- Content of written responses to the questions on the application form;
- Commitment to development for Apple platforms using the latest Apple technologies; and
- The uniqueness or innovativeness of the app.
The application is in four parts, which include uploads and prompts for written responses.
- Organization details: Give information about your organization and provide contact details for up to three employees who would represent your organization if selected.
- Your app: Provide specifics about your app and development team. You may include a download or demo link, as well as up to three screenshots or wireframes that best illustrate the user experience.
- The future: Describe what you plan to gain from taking part in Apple Entrepreneur Camp, as well as your plans for the future.
- Additional information: Select the dates you would like to apply and provide any additional comments.
Your application will be kept on file for one year. The Camp is scheduled to begin from July 20 – 29, 2021.
If you’re interested in participating in Apple Entrepreneur Camp 2021, click here to apply. For further information, please read the Apple Entrepreneur Camp Application and Attendance Policy here.
Entries close by Friday, March 26, 2021.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates.