Application for the African App Launchpad Cup 2021 for African Game and App Developers is currently open.
This African competition is opened to support African startups in gaming and app development. Below are the qualified African countries:
Egypt, Algeria, Angola, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Namibia, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, The Gambia, Nigeria, Togo, and Uganda.
The African App Launchpad (AAL) scheme is an Africa-wide platform with a goal of building the capacity of Youth from Egypt and other African countries and fostering the initiation of lasting startups in the region of the advanced ever-changing app and game technologies.
AAL objectifies to develop a capacity of 10,000 young calibers and aid the initiation of 100 startups in gaming and app development across all of Africa.
AAL functions by assisting high-quality, technology-learning online platforms through crowd-sourcing top online content advanced by reputable universities and foremost companies, and delivered through three leading MOOCs; Coursera, edX, and Udacity.
AAL major aims are as follows:
- Developing the capacity and certifying young African calibers on the recent development in-app and game technologies.
- Aiding the innovation of job and business opportunities for African youth through the ways of wage employment, freelancing, and startup establishment.
- Increasing African ICT companies’ competitiveness by assisting a lavish talent pool.
- Establishing various Africa-wide learning networks in toping technologies to stand as a platform for nurturing technology novelty and entrepreneurship.
NB: Extreme consideration will be attached to innovative projects, art/design of the app, well-structured business model, and team competencies.
Benefits of participation
- The total Cash Prizes for the Winners is $72,000
- Opportunity for a business planning training by GrindStone
- Opportunity for an Acceleration Program by Microsoft through THINKROOM
- Opportunity to free access to VCs for top winning startups
- Opportunity to free top-quality learning track in one of the advanced app and game technologies
- Winners will be given a prestigious international certificate after completing the learning track.
- The opportunity of the chance to attend a local learning group to experience and learn cross-learning and discuss the business impact of the underlying technologies.
- The chance to join startup competitions where each individual winning startup is granted US$2,000 in addition to a possible seed fund or incubation service.
- Valid information on Africa-wide employment opportunities.
Criteria for participation
- Citizens of the qualified countries
- Teams or Startups up to 2 Years Old
- Teams with a size of 2 Members
- Applicants with a working Prototype
How to apply
Interested in taking part in the African App Launchpad Cup 2021, you can apply here. The deadline for application is Sunday, October 31, 2021.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates