The AICPA and CPA.com Startup Accelerator helps grow startups throughout the accounting ecosystem so the innovators and cutting-edge solutions can help transform the profession.
The aim is to strengthen the ability of individual accountants and finance teams to be the go-to analysts, strategists and consultants that are indispensable to organizations across the globe.
The AICPA and CPA.com are focused on three specific themes, both of which ultimately help the profession perform and add value at a higher level.
ACCOUNTECH — Tools and platforms that improve efficiencies for accounting and finance professionals as well as advanced technologies that enable firms to shift their focus to value-added advisory services.
REGTECH — Technologies that facilitate the delivery of regulatory requirements and help businesses meet the challenges of regulatory monitoring, reporting, compliance, risk management and fraud detection.
ESG — Solutions that enable the accounting & finance professional to support, audit and advise on Environmental, Social and Governance initiatives. A growing category that provides an evaluation of a firm’s collective conscientiousness as it relates to environmental and social factors.
Benefits of participation
- Funding: selected startups will be offered a $25,000 grant
- Access: startups will be given access to the profession including to members, firms, press, and other customers that can help their businesses grow.
- Knowledge: they will provide unmatched subject-matter expertise, coaching, mentorship, and knowledge about the profession to help each selected startup refine its value proposition, scale and grow.
- Seed or pre-Series A, with some exceptions
- Must have a functioning product or service
- Must have a value proposition for the accounting profession
How to apply
Click here to apply for the AICPA and CPA.com Startup Accelerator. The deadline for application is Thursday, November 30, 2023.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates.