The Africa Youth in Tourism Innovation Summit (AYTIS) has created the Youth in Tourism Innovation Challenge in conjunction with the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).
This is a unique platform for innovative African youth in travel and tourism who are looking for funding, cooperation, and mentorship possibilities to present their projects to the worldwide market in order to get the necessary support for their programs.
Benefits of participation
- The winner will get a gift of $1000.00.
- First and second-place winners will each receive a $500.00 grant seed.
- Enrollment in UNWTO-provided short courses is free of charge.
- Mentorship, collaboration, prospective financing assistance, and career prospects are all available.
- Possibility of becoming a member of an established network of Africa Youth in Tourism Mentors and Innovators.
Criteria for Eligibility
- To prevent disqualification, clearly mark the following:
- The vision, one-of-a-kindness, genuineness, and logic.
- Evidence of innovation in travel and tourism or associated industry challenges being solved in Africa – COVID-19 and beyond (such as technological, social entrepreneurship, educational, youth empowerment and job creation, environmental sustainability, community development, etc.)
- The project’s long-term influence on travel and tourism, local communities, and/or adjacent sectors.
- The project’s timetable.
- The type of assistance necessary – finance, investors, mentorship, collaborations, and so on.
- Conclusion/additional but relevant information of 500 words or fewer.
- The competitor must demonstrate a demo/Minimum Viable Product (MVP) during the presentation for 5 minutes.
- The age limit is 35 years.
How to apply
The Tourism Innovation Challenge deadline for application is Tuesday, February 28, 2023.
To register for this program, click here. Click here to apply.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates