Are you a food start-up operating in Africa? A black-owned food manufacturing business in the US? Your chance to secure funding for your business is here. Apply now for the Africa Business Club’s IDEA Pitch Competition 2023.
- 1st place: $2,500
- 2nd place: $1,500
- 3rd place: $1,000
Eligibility for participation
Participants will present their business ideas in the form of a business pitch, and to be eligible to participate, participants must meet the following criteria:
- The business pitch must represent the original work of the team members. The author(s) shall retain all rights to the business pitch regarding its use prior to and following the competition. The business pitch must not contain any fabricated information about (but is not limited to) the background, experience, or education of the management team, the stage of product development, product performance claims, or market survey results.
- The competition is open to African entrepreneurs based in Africa and black owned entrepreneurs based in the United States. This must apply to at least one member of the management team, but other people may be members of the management team and participate in planning the venture. A participant may submit only one business pitch to the competition.
- The competition is for African entrepreneurs who created, managed, and owned ventures in Africa or black owned entrepreneurs in the United States. In other words, African entrepreneurs must have played a key role in creating the venture, have key management roles and own significant equity.
- The competition is for new idea and business development, with the goal of helping businesses registered for at least 6months to access additional funding. Companies must be less than 5 years at the time of submitting their application.
- The competition is an initiative for new and upcoming African entrepreneurs on the African continent. Teams should respect the rights of their opponents.
How to apply
Click here to apply for the Africa Business Club’s IDEA Pitch Competition 2023. The deadline for application is Friday, October 13, 2023
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates.