Applicants are now encouraged to apply for the HBS Africa Business Conference New Venture Competition.
The 26th Harvard Business School Africa Business Conference will be held on February 16th – 17th, 2024 with the theme “Africa Forward: Competing in a Global Era.”
As part of the conference, the Africa Business Club will be hosting the New Venture Competition which seeks to showcase the diversity of entrepreneurs making a difference on the continent today.
From the pool of applications, 10 semi-finalists will be invited to pitch their business in front of over 1,000 attendees and receive feedback from a panel of experienced judges.
Benefits of participation
- The winner and runner-ups for second and third place will be awarded cash prizes of $30,000, $15,000, and $10,000, respectively.
- NVC semi-finalists will have the opportunity to get feedback, advice, and input from conference participants as well as senior partners at Africa-focused VCs from across the continent.
- Selected ventures will also have the opportunity to showcase their companies at the Startup Fair networking and recruiting event and attend networking lunches with distinguished panelists.
The competition is open to all African and Africa-focused entrepreneurs with businesses focused on shaping the future. Entrepreneurs who offer unique and homegrown solutions to local problems and who meet the following eligibility criteria are highly encouraged to apply:
- Early-stage startups (for-profit or not-for-profit)
- Africa-focused with a majority or all of its operations in Africa
- Fewer than 50 employees
- Fewer than 5 years of operations
- Raised less than $1,000,000 in funding to date
How to apply
Click here to apply. The deadline for application is Wednesday, November 15, 2023.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates.