5 startups demonstrated their innovative solutions at NOGTECH Demo Day 2020 to the delight of tech enthusiasts and stakeholders in the oil and gas industries.
Sometime in September, the startups won a grant of $10,000 each at the NOGTECH bootcamp after rounds of pitching.
O O Nwoye, Incubation Director at NOGTECH, commented: “In the past decade, we have seen predictions play out in Africa, We have witnessed young, local innovators instigate positive disruptions to the status quo in many sectors from finance, health, agriculture and transportation”
Below are the 5 startups:
This startup is set to improve the quality of aerial surveillance systems in Nigeria by building technology around long-duration aerial surveillance for up to 90 days providing data assessment and reporting using AI.
- Despite spending $1.2 billion for staff and asset protection yearly, the nation is still losing over $9 billion to oil and gas theft annually.
- With annual total revenue of about $60 billion, individual companies spend nothing less than $250 million annually on the security of personnel and assets.
- Ballon satellites that last 90-days in continuous flight operating at out of sight altitudes
- Collection of data using electro-optical thermal and acoustic sensor to perceive the environment
- Providing a path for real-time predictive and protective approach to security.
Uniqueness of solution
- Airsynq flies longer hours and is totally automated
- Inexpensive to purchase and operate, no cross-border regulatory compliance required.
Fund raised would be deployed to accelerate adoption or the technology in Nigeria’s oil and gas sector and defense as well as facilitate better R & D for the product.
Offers customers real-time information on the storage conditions, temperature, the humidity of their products.
- 55% fruits and vegetables lost due to poor cold chain system
- 40% environmental samples lost due to poor cold chain system
- High amount of loss product wastage and losses due to poor cold chain infrastructure and practices
- Lack of data needed basis for settlement either from insurance companies or owing clients
IoT solution that provides real time information on storage conditions and location of perishables.
Such that businesses can take proactive measures to curb loss, prove settlement claims and share existing asset to achieve expansion
- Temperature and humidity monitoring: access information in real time
- Trip reporting and alarm: configurable alarm triggers in emergency
- Location tracking: access to location and journey history
- Long lasting battery: Battery lasting up to 30 days
- Quality Assurance reports: Generate title reports with temperature, location information
- 3rd party integration: API integration into existing dashboard
Gricd products are applicable in the Health, Agriculuture, oil and gas, logistics, FMCG sectors
- Reduce sample loss
- Ensure potency of collected samples
- Improve customer trust
This startup is micro-retailing LPG while leveraging pay-as-go model
- Firewood smoke kills 93, 000 women, children yearly from firewood smoke inhalation in Nigeria
- Low-income families can’t switch to clean cooking gas because of High upfront startup cost High refill cost
- Sachetization of LPG
- Nigerian companies are reaching low-income families by micro-retailing their products in sachets
- Switch low-income family to LPG with just 500 down payment
- Consumer can buy LPG for as low as 100 using USSD codes
How it works
- Pay N400 to get a startup kit, filled with cooking gas
- Pay for gas unit as low as N150 per time via mobile
- Gas access is cut off when it is exhausted until new unit is purchased.
- Uninterrupted supply of gas with on-demand delivery
- Fund raised to deploy 1000 households before the end of H1 2021
The smart cylinder/mobile app helps users track gas usage, pre-order and delivers to your home.
- Users carrying cylinders on their head for a refill
- Running out of gas while cooking at odd times
- Concerns about using LPG
Users can order gas at their convenience
- Eliminates the risk of explosion in the kitchen
- The underserved market for investment
- Great customer retention
- Reduce the cost of distribution
- Eliminate the risk of cylinder theft
fuel intellisense tackles notable issues eliminating error-prone manual entries and unauthorized fuel usage.
Also eliminates misallocations, fuel theft and improves accountability through effective fuel management systems
- Real-time transactions tracking at fuel terminals
- Communication with underground tanks to determine the fuel level remotely
- Employee efficiency tracking
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates.